Vacant positions and work possibilities in Saariselkä
We’re hiring for winter 2021-2022!
Saariselkä Ski & Sport Resort is a family run ski center in Finnish Lapland founded in 1970. Our ski center is located on two fells – Kaunispää and Iisakkipää, and from the tops you have breathtaking views over Urho Kekkonen national park as well as towards Russia. Our Arctic location ensures that the winter season lasts from late November until May, making Saariselkä an excellent place to live for outdoor people and winter sports enthusiasts. Saariselkä offers great possibilities not only for alpine skiing and snowboarding, but also other recreational activities, and there are approximately 200 kilometers of nordic skiing trails. Winter in Saariselkä is magical, and during the season you will typically experience temperatures varying between -5°C and -30°C, sunrise and pastel color sky during polar night, northern lights during the nights and long sunny evenings towards the end of the winter season. Not to forget about winter adventures with your new friends. You just have to come and experience it for yourself.
We’re looking for:
- Head chef/kitchen manager
- Restaurant customer service manager
- Customer service assistants for our rental shop and ticket sales
- Ski lift operators
- Ski instructors
- Funpark/snowpark manager
It is possible to also combine tasks of different departments if you wish, to make it more interesting!
- Fluent English, some positions may require also skills in Finnish
- Team spirit, independent working style and flexibility
- Ability to perform under pressure during busy holiday weeks
- Interest in working at a customer-centric company
- Passion or genuine interest for winter sports
- Excellent communication skills
What we can offer:
- Inspiring work environment with colleagues passionate about winter sports
- Possibility to tailor your work tasks according to your competence and interest areas
- Paid training for the job
- Regular past-time activities together with colleagues
- Pay according to the collective agreement
- Employment at an international work environment
- Great staff benefits at the ski center and with our partners in the town
Previous work experience and qualifications are considered an advantage, but not a must as we always give training to the work tasks you will be doing. Send your open application and CV as soon as possible, as positions will be filled as soon as we find suitable applicants. Please remember to note which department/position you are applying for.
phone: +358 400 240780