The Finnish government has declared a national state of emergency on 1 March 2021 for the following 3 weeks, which also influences our operations. The rental shop, ski lifts, slopes and the outdoor food truck-style service point are open normally, but the restaurant’s indoor service space is closed. Outdoor activities are safe even during pandemic, and it is possible to go alpine skiing, nordic skiing, tobogganing and snow shoeing at Saariselkä Ski & Sport Resort.
Our rental shop has equipment for alpine skiing, snowboarding, ski touring, splitboarding, fatbiking, e-fatbiking, nordic skiing and snow shoeing. We offer the possibility to change the rental equipment set during a multiday equipment rental (1 time free of charge, additional equipment changes 10€). This way you can save money and try different sports during your visit!
Lapland hospital district has more restrictions due to covid-19, so we’d like to share some tips for a covid-safe visit at Saariselkä Ski & Sport Resort:
- Come visit us and ski only if you are healthy. If you have any symptoms of illness, please stay at home. If you have symptoms of coronavirus (for instance shortage of breath, headache, cough, sore throat or your general state of health gets worse), please contact Ivalo healthcare center immediately to take a covid-19 test.
- Buy your lift passes online on our online shop https://saariselka.axess.fi/hissiliput , or at the outdoor ticket sale point beside restaurant Lieggâ Láávu
- To avoid rush, book your equipment online: https://skisaariselka.com/fi/ski-rental , your equipment will be available for a pick-up in the morning on the start day of your rental.
- We limit the amount of persons inside Service Centre, queueing happens mainly outside the building.
- Wear a mask inside Service Centre. Also our staff members wear a mask or visor. There is hand desinfectant and complimentary face masks available by the entrance if you don’t have your own with you. Avoid close contact to others and keep minimum 2 metres safety distance to other guests and our staff members
- Share a ski lift only with your family or group member, and keep minimum 2 metres safety distance to others in the lift queue and on the slopes
- Ski school is available as private lessons, the group size is limited to 5 persons per instructor. Kids’ Snow mafia ski club is cancelled as long as the restrictions are on place.
- Valley station restaurant Lieggâ Láávu’s indoor service space is closed until 28.3., you can still buy take away drinks and food from the outdoor food truck during lift opening hours. We have built laavus and outdoor fire places where you can warm up. We have huts also next to lift i3 and in the end of slope number 7.
- Only one group to toilet facilities at a time. If the toilet is already taken, please queue outside and keep minimum 2 metres safety distance to others. Wear a mask inside the toilet facilities.
We reserve rights to changes.